The Data We Collect About YouWe may collect different kinds of personal data about you, depending on whether you chose to create an account with us.Persons who visit the Websites without logging in or registering (“unregistered users”):
- on the Websites and your email communications with the Websites,
- through our mobile applications that provide dedicated non-browser-based interaction between you and the Websites, or
- Contact Information: We collect email address or any other information which you voluntarily provide to us at your direction for a specific function, for example a contest or survey.
- Website activity data: We collect information about how you use our Websites, products and services and interact with our content and advertisements, including the pages you visit in our Websites, search history, and the referring web page from which you arrived at our Websites. We collect browser and operating system information, devices you use to access the Websites and your time zone setting. We also collect online identifiers. Specifically, we collect internet protocol (IP) address information and we set cookies as explained below in the section on Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies
- We collect from registered users the same categories of information described above for unregistered users.
- Contact Information: We collect username or similar identifier, and email address.
- Payment and Commercial Information: If you make a purchase, we collect payment card details and related information necessary to process your payment. We also collect details about payments to and from you and details of products and services you have purchased or received from us.
- User Submitted Personal Information: We collect information you submit in order to personalize your account or for a specific function, for example date of birth, age, gender, your interests, preferences, feedback, survey responses, your preferences in receiving marketing from us and our third parties, and your communication preferences, as well as any other information which you voluntarily provide to us at your direction for a specific function.
- User Contributions including Audio/Video Information: We provide areas on our Websites where you can post information about yourself and others, communicate with others, upload content (e.g., pictures, video files, etc.), and post comments or reviews of content found on the Websites.
to have that minor’s personal information deleted.The Sources from Which We Collect Personal InformationWe collect Personal Information in the following ways:
Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal InformationWe use personal information for the purposes described below.
- Directly from you: We collect the categories of information listed above directly from you.
- Automated technologies or interactions. As explained in the section below on Cookies and Automatic Data Collection Technologies, we set cookies and other automatic techniques to collect website activity data when you visit the Websites or other websites owned by our corporate group.
Our Legal Bases Under EU LawWe have the following legal bases under EU law for processing your personal data for the purposes described under Section Purposes for Which We Use Your Personal Information:
- Provision of services: We use identifiers, website activity data, and, additionally, for registered users and Premium users only, contact information, and payment and commercial information and user contributions to present our Websites and their contents to you, including any interactive features on our Websites, to provide you with information, products or services that you request from us, and to verify your eligibility and deliver prizes in connection with contests and sweepstakes.
- Customer management (Registered Users and Premium Users Only): We use identifiers and contact information, and payment and commercial information to manage a Premium users’ and registered users’ account, to provide customer support and notices to the registered user about his account or subscription, including expiration and renewal notices, and notices about changes to our Websites or any products or services we offer or provide through them.
- Customization of content and marketing (Unregistered Users and Registered Users Only): We use identifiers and contact information, website activity data, user submitted personal information and user contributions to analyze your use of, or interest in, our Websites’ content, products, or services, in order to develop and display content and advertising tailored to your interests on our Websites.
- Analytics: We use identifiers and website activity data to determine whether users of our Websites are unique, or whether the same user is using the Websites on multiple occasions, and to monitor aggregate metrics such as total number of visitors, pages viewed, demographic patterns.
- Functionality and security: We may use any of the categories of data we collect to diagnose or fix technology problems, to verify your payment information, and to detect, prevent, and respond to actual or potential fraud, illegal activities, or intellectual property infringement.
- Compliance: We may use any of the categories of data we collect to enforce our terms and conditions and to comply with our legal obligations.
Disclosure of Your Personal InformationWe disclose personal information:
- We process personal data for the purposes of providing the services, customer management, certain customization of content (e.g., based on your selected preferences, favorites and ratings), and functionality and security because the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract, specifically it is necessary to provide the services or products you have requested, or to provide our Websites and services in a manner consistent with our terms and conditions and any other contract that you have with us.
- We process personal data for the purposes of customization of advertising, marketing and analytics for our legitimate interests.
- We process personal data for functionality and security because it is necessary for our legitimate interests, and in certain cases because the processing is necessary for us to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
- We process personal information in specific circumstances where you have provided your consent to such processing.
- To the public: When you submit user contributions including audio/video content, you are using our Websites and services to make that information public.
- Within our corporate group: We may disclose any of the categories of personal information to members of our corporate group (including affiliates and related entities) to the extent this is necessary for our purposes listed in the sections above.
- Service providers: We disclose the categories of personal information we collect to our authorized service providers that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include payment processing and fulfilling orders, risk and fraud detection and mitigation, customer service, marketing and advertising, customization of content, analytics, security, or hosting our Websites or supporting our Websites’ functionality. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purposes.
- Legal successors: We may disclose all of the categories of personal information we collect to a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, acquisition or sale or transfer of some or all of our assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation or similar proceeding.
- Strictly necessary cookies: These are cookies that are required for the operation of our Websites. These include, for example, cookies that enable a user to log in to our Websites and to check if a user is allowed access to a particular service or content.
- Functionality cookies: These cookies help us to personalize and enhance your online experience on our Websites. This type of cookies allows us to recognize you when you return to our Websites and to remember, for example, your choice of language.
- Analytics cookies: These cookies allow us to recognize and count the number of users and to see how users use and explore our Websites. These cookies help us to improve our Websites, for example by ensuring that all users are able to find what they are looking for easily.
- Targeting and Advertising cookies: These cookies record visits of a user on our Websites, the pages a user visits and the links a user follows in order to enable us to make our Websites more relevant to the user’s interests and to help us serve ads that might be of interest to the user. Targeting and advertising cookies are only used for unregistered users and registered users.
- Cookies can be either session cookies or persistent cookies. A session cookie expires automatically when you close your browser. A persistent cookie will remain until it expires or you delete your cookies.